Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend getaway

Hello beautiful people,
Its finally FRIDAY!!! I'm so exicted, I'm babysitting this morning, and then I am off to the happiest place on earth; DISNEYLAND!! This week has been all about being a kid, and so now it is my turn to go to the land of fantasy, where all your dreams come true, (if only it were that simple) but at least I'll be able to escape the chaos for a little while, and hang out with some of my best friends.

Last weekend I got to see my roommate and we went to in'n'out together, and this weekend I get to see my roommate from last year, and go to disneyland with her!
(this picture of me and my girls courtesy of liz)
(LtoR Shannon (my roommate from last yr, me, Liz,meg(my freshmen yr roommate, trisha, katelyn, and marina(also my roommate freshmen yr and the one going to dland with me)

Well continuing in the realm of fantasy, I just read a great book called "Austenland" by Shannon Hale, it was phenomenal, it was a cute, short read about a woman who finds herself so wrapped in the idea of a Jane Austen romance that she doesn't seem to be able to hold up in any real relationships. Well one of her great aunts visits her, and pinpoints exactly what she is doing, and then she passes away, and leaves in her will that the girl is supposed to take a trip to this place where they act like they are living in the 19th century, and they have actors, and give you a wardrobe, and it transports you to another world. Well lets just say she gets a little closer to some of the actors, and doesn't know what is reality or just part of the package. Its a very good novel, and I would definitely recommend it to all hopeless romantics out there waiting for their own mr. Darcy to come into thieir lives. I absolutely loved it, and wished a place like "Austenland" really did exist.
Well lovelies, have a beautiful weekend, and i hope theres a little bit of fantasy, or childlike magic in it for you. I'll enjoy a ride or two for all of you!!
xoxo
josslynn nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment